OMNI College has developed a part-time IELTS Test Preparation course to assist Internationally-Educated Nurses who are pursuing their Canadian nursing license, and also anyone in any field who is trying to improve their IELTS scores. The course focuses on improving a candidate’s ability to pass all 4 modules of the IELTS test: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
During OMNI’s IELTS Test Preparation course, you will:
- Become familiar with the format of the IELTS test
- Practice your test taking abilities during weekly IELTS exam simulations, under timed conditions
- Improve your ability in speed and accuracy
- Review your own answers in comparison with model answers
- Improve your test scores as compared to initial assessments*
What is IELTS?
IELTS stands for the International English Language Testing System. It is an assessment tool designed to assess the language ability of candidates, recognized as an official language proficiency test and used by more than 8,000 employers, college/university admissions departments, immigration authorities, government agencies, and professional bodies worldwide.
There are 2 versions of the IELTS tests: General IELTS and Academic IELTS.
Academic IELTS has been officially recognized by all the nurse licensing bodies across Canada.
Who the course is for:
Although the course was originally created with the College’s nursing students in mind, OMNI College’s IELTS Test Preparation course is available to anyone in any field who is trying to improve their IELTS scores.
This part-time course is conveniently scheduled in the evenings, so that those who work or take other courses during the day can still study IELTS and move ahead towards achieving their ultimate goals.
In order to enroll in OMNI’s IELTS Test Preparation course you must:
- Pass an OMNI English Assessment test OR have a previous minimum IELTS 6.5 overall score or equivalent from a recognized English proficiency test (CELBAN, TOEFL, etc)
- Pass an interview with an OMNI Advisor
Program Length & Schedule
8 weeks, intensive part-time course
Monday through Friday, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Full-time and evening/weekend classes may be available – please call for details
* Note: successful completion of this course does not guarantee a passing grade on the IELTS test.
Contact us today!