Because at OMNI College, we’ve made it our mission and our commitment to ensure our students are successful. Our statement of purpose is “to deliver exceptional programs that prepare students for a successful cultural and educational transition into the workforce. To be recognized worldwide as a credible, responsible and caring educational institution.”
Below are some examples that demonstrate our level of commitment:
- Proven success rate: since 1999, more than 95% of OMNI students who have written the Canadian Registered or Practical Nurse licensing exam have passed. These success rates have led many of our students to choose OMNI over any other college in Canada.
- Government accredited: OMNI College is accredited and fully licensed by the Private Training Institutes Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education in British Columbia. Our accreditation status demonstrates to you our commitment to delivering quality education and service, as only those schools that meet certain high-level standards are given Accreditation status. This privilege also gives you access to student loan and possible funding opportunities.
- Education Quality Assurance: OMNI College is also proud to be designated as an EQA institution. The EQA (Education Quality Assurance) designation was created by the Government of British Columbia as a seal of approval recognizable worldwide, with its main purpose to act as an assurance of quality and consumer protection to international learners and governments.
- OMNI College was created by a Registered Nurse: The College was founded in 1999 by Mr. Ron Burke, a Canadian Registered Nurse, who is passionate about nursing and education. As an RN himself, he was able to create, build and develop the College with the firsthand familiarity of what kind of training Nurses and healthcare professionals truly need in order to succeed in the workforce.
- Comprehensive programs: We deliver exceptional programs with comprehensive training that is directly transferable to the workplace. OMNI’s programs include classroom learning, hands-on work training, exposure to Canadian culture and English language training.
- Reputable instructors: Learn from the highest quality of instructors. OMNI instructors are health care professionals with highly esteemed reputations as educators. Their reputations alone have brought students to the College, leading them to choose OMNI over any other.
- Specialized in health care: OMNI is specialized in training health care professionals, both Canadian and International. We offer only health care related programs and courses so that we may remain focused in this area of expertise.
- Connections with employers: OMNI College maintains solid relationships with various employers across Canada’s health care industry. Your chances of securing a job following graduation from OMNI College are the highest possible.
- An ideal location: Situated in the world’s most livable city – Vancouver, Canada – the OMNI College campus is conveniently located 5 minutes from the Vancouver International Airport, 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver, and walking distance to the Canada Line Skytrain Line, bus station, major shopping areas, dining and recreation. Read more about Vancouver here.
“My instructor gave me not only plenty of nursing knowledge, but also her super emotional support. I will never forget her. I also met many international nurses who had the same goal as mine, and I learned about their different cultures. We shared information, feelings, our experiences being new to Canada, and we also enjoyed some great parties together! The most important thing I gained from OMNI was my self-confidence as a Canadian nurse – I am so happy now! For any student considering OMNI College, I would say to them that if you have the will there is always a way. OMNI College will help you become the next Canadian nurse!!” – Suzie Kang, RN, originally from South Korea